Eczema also commonly known as dermatitis is a general term used to describe a medical condition that results in inflammation of skin. Although the term can be used interchangeably for various types of inflammation of skin yet the most common type of condition it represents is atomic dermatitis.
Atomic dermatitis is an itchy inflammation of skin and is quite common among children as well as people having family history of such condition. Its most common symptoms are itching, rashes, bumps, flakiness, redness or peeling of skin anywhere on the body but typically appears on arms, feet or behind the knees etc. The problem is not only a major health burden causing discomfort and pain but also a drain on quality of life by making it hard to function normally. While the medicines available in market are not known to cure the issue out of its palliative nature, there are certain natural ways that can help in treating eczema.
So here are certain home remedies that can help in soothing that oozing eczema in the most natural way:
♥ MUSTARD OIL & NEEM LEAVES:
Neem leaves also popularly known as Indian lilac is well known for its antibacterial, antimicrobial, analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties making it effective in relieving eczema symptoms like skin irritation, inflammation or redness. Plus mustard oil again will reduce the symptoms of eczema followed by soothing your skin. To get the best results out of it, all you need to do is:
- Take about 250 gms of mustard oil in a wide pan and heat it.
- Once the oil turns hot, carefully add 50 gms of tender neem (Indian lilac) leaves to it.
- Within a few seconds, the neem leaves will change its colour from green to black and this is the right time to turn off the gas.
- keep the pan aside and allow the oil to cool down properly.
- After it cools down, strain the oil and store it in a glass bottle.
- Your home made neem oil is ready to use.
- Apply this oil for about 3 to 4 times a day on the affected area.
- you will see the results within few days of its application.
- Continue applying this oil for as long as a year to get rid of eczema for life.
♥ KUTKI & CHIRAYATA:
Another excellent remedy that is very effective in treating eczema involves the use of ayurvedic herbs i.e chirayata (botanical name: swertia chirata) and kutki (botanical name: Picrorrhiza kurrora). One can easily find them at Indian shops or can buy them online. This remedy works exceptionally well in curing eczema and prevents its recurrence in future. All you need to do is:
- Take about 4 gms of powdered chirayata herb and same quantity i.e 4 gms of powdered kutki herb.
- Now take 125 gms or a glass of normal water in a glass or bone china utensil.
- Mix the above said powdered herbs in the water by stirring it well before bedtime.
- Cover the utensil and let it rest for the whole night.
- In the morning, strain the water using a muslin cloth without disturbing the powder settled at the bottom of the utensil.
- Consume this water as the first thing in the morning daily and avoid consuming anything for at least 30 to 60 minutes.
- Follow it regularly for 4 to 8 weeks as per the need.
- It should be noted hereby that for next day morning do not add fresh spoon of herbs rather add 1 glass water in the same utensil containing herbs and can be used this way for consecutive 4 days. After 4 days, throw the used mixture and use fresh mixture of powder for next 4 days.
- For better results, it is also advisable to wash the affected area with this water.
One can also consume this water at least one or twice a week if not daily.
- Pregnant and menstruate women should avoid consuming this water.
- it is very effective in curing severe skin problem such as psoriasis.
♥ OTHER REMEDIES:
At certain times, the eczema is blistering as well as wet also referred to as weeping eczema. It is again common among infants or children but can affect adults as well. In order to dry up and soothe such weeping eczema, all you need to do is:
- Take about 7-8 small sized, tender Neem (Indian lilac) leaves along with 4 whole black pepper grains.
- Mash or blend it with about 50 to 60 gms of water.
- Consume it as a first thing in morning and do not eat or drink anything for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Along with following the above said remedy, it is further recommended to apply one’s own urine (pee) on the affected area once a day.
- Follow this remedy daily for 15 to 30 days as per the need.