Toothache, also known as dental pain, is pain in the teeth and/or their supporting structures, caused by dental diseases or pain referred to the teeth by non-dental diseases.
In rare cases, the cause of a toothache could be more serious. Infections in the ears and sinuses and even heart disease can result in infections that make your tooth or mouth hurt. However, the most common cause of toothaches in patients today is a simple dental cavity, Consuming food rich in carbohydrates and sugar , Consuming hot and cold food together, Broken tooth or Gum diseases etc
While the problem is quite painful and leads to a lot of discomfort; one can easily approach to these home remedies to get short term relief or Until you can see the dentist. So here are the remedies that are easy ,effective and close to your kitchen :
♥ VAIVIDANGA (EMBELIA RIBES) & ALUM :
Vaividanga also called as false black pepper, is one of the powerful anti-parasitic herbs of Ayurveda. Its botanical name is Embelia ribes and it mimics pepper in appearance Whereas Alum also commonly known as fitkari has been used since ancient times for it’s many wonderful uses. All you need to do is :
- Take 10 gm of Vaividanga and 10 gm of fitkari.
- Grind both of them coarsely.
- Now take 300 gm of water in a pot and put the coarse powder into it.
- Boil the water till it reduces to 100 gm.
- Strain the water and store in a bottle.
- Rinse your mouth thoroughly using this water, preferably in the morning and before bedtime.
- It will provide relief from acute toothache within 2-3 days.
- Continuous usage of this water will make your teeth strong and healthy.
♥ TURMERIC POWDER :
Turmeric has anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and pain relieving properties. so, along with other various benefits, this spice is also used by many as a natural toothache treatment. All you need to do is ;
- Take 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder and brush your teeth using this powder.
- Rinse your mouth thoroughly.
- Now simply brush your teeth using toothpaste.
- Follow it for some days to get relief from toothache, cavity and various gum problems.
- Continuous usage of turmeric powder every morning before brushing will make your teeth strong, and prevent tooth decay, cavity, mouth ulcers etc.
♥ GINGER REMEDY :
Ginger remedy is quite common as well as useful when it comes to treating toothache. It is also beneficial in various stomach disorders, hiccups as well as sore throat. To treat toothache, all you need to do is ;
- Take a small piece of ginger root, peel it and wash it.
- Now either crush it a little or chop it into small pieces.
- Place this crushed ginger inside your tooth where it is paining.
- Close your mouth and suck the ginger juice slowly.
- It will provide instant relief from sudden toothaches.
♥ GUAVA LEAVES :
Fresh guava leaves can also alleviate toothache, heal gum, treat mouth sores and sore throat, thanks to their anti-inflammatory, analgesic and antimicrobial properties. All you need to do is :
- Take some water in a deep pan.
- Take some fresh guava leaves and put them into the water.
- Boil the water for sometime or till the water changes its colour and looks like a brew.
- Allow the solution to cool down a bit.
- Use this water to rinse your mouth 2-3 times a day.
- Gargling with this water will provide relief from Tonsils.
- One can also chew one or two tender guava leaves until the juice starts working on the affected tooth.
♥ CLOVES :
Cloves have been used to treat toothaches since medieval times and knowing this trick can save you from experiencing a world of pain and discomfort. So to get rid of that toothache, one can use clove a following ways :
- Take 4-5 clove pieces and crush them into fine powder. Add few drops of lemon juice to it to make a fine paste. Apply this paste on the effected tooth. It will soothe your pain and discomfort.
- Take 250 gm/ a glass of water in a pan and add 4-5 cloves into it. Boil it for some time. Strain it and cool it down. Rinsing your mouth using this clove water will also provide relief from toothache and also treat bad breath.
- Simply put a piece of clove inside your affected teeth and close your mouth. Suck the juice slowly and you will feel better.