Diabetes mellitus (DM), commonly referred to as diabetes, is a group of metabolic diseases. Type 1 diabetes is a disease that starts when the pancreas stops making insulin. The main function of insulin is to let the blood sugar (also called as glucose) that enter the body’s cells to be used for energy. Without insulin, the cells can’t get the sugar they need, and too much sugar builds up in the blood.
Symptoms of type 1 diabetes include frequent urination, intense thirst and hunger, weight gain, unusual weight loss, fatigue, cuts and bruises that do not heal, male sexual dysfunction, numbness and tingling in hands and feet.
Causes of Type 1 Diabetes isn’t entirely clear but it may include genetic risk factors and environmental factors.While there is no cure for diabetes, but….If diabetes is poorly controlled or left untreated, it may lead to blindness, kidney disease, blood vessel damage, heart disease, high blood pressure, stroke, limb amputation, and even coma.
So, one can follow the below said home remedies to keep their blood sugar level under control and to live a completely normal life :
♥ FENUGREEK SEEDS :
Fenugreek seeds are famous for their ability to control blood sugar level among diabetic people. The rich presence of fiber along with its hypo-glycemic properties make them the most reliable home remedy for diabetes.
- Take 6 gms of fenugreek seeds and make coarse powder using mortar pestle or blender.
- Soak it in 250 gm of water for overnight.
- In the morning, stir it very well and strain out the water using fine strainer or muslin cloth.
- Have this water daily for 2 months.
- If fenugreek seeds does not suits your body type or cause heat in your body, You can add a tsp full of fennel seeds along with fenugreek seeds, while soaking them.
- It is one of the great age old remedy and provide you positive results if used regularly for 2 months.
♥ BLACK PLUM (JAMUN) :
Black plum popularly known as ‘jamun’ or ‘jambul’ are rich in anti diabetic properties. . It contain hydrolysable tannins, anthocyanins, and ellagic acid – all of which are known to lower both blood and urine sugar levels considerably. Each part of the Jambul plant such as the leaves, berry and seeds can be used by those suffering from diabetes.
♥ JAMUN BERRY :
- Take 60 gm of fresh, ripe jamun and put them into 300 gm of boiling hot water.
- Cover the lid and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, mash them well and strain out the puree.
- Divide the puree into 3 parts : to be consumed equally 3 times in a day.
- As the fruit is seasonal, so make the best use of it while they are in season and you will see the definite results.
♥ JAMUN LEAVES :
- Take 4 fresh leaves of jamun tree and blend them along with 60 gm of water.
- Strain it using fine strainer.
- Consume this water daily for 10 days.
- Follow this remedy after every 2 months or whenever possible for 10 days.
- It is one of amazing ingredient to control blood sugar level to a great extent.
- In initial stage of diabetes, one can simply chew 4 leaves of jamun tree twice a day and will get relief within 3-4 days
♥ JAMUN SEEDS :
- Take jamun seeds and dry them preferably in shade.
- Blend these dried seeds to make fine powder.
- Consume this powder in 3 gm of quantity with normal water.
- Consume it daily for 21 days and twice a days i.e in morning and evening.
- It is also great remedy to cure diabetes and frequent urine problem.
♥ NEEM LEAVES :
Known for its anti-bacterial and anti-fungal effects, Neem is beneficial for diabetes due to its anti-hyperglycemic activity. All youi need to do is :
- During the month of march- april, the new seedlings (small red leaves) bloom on neem tree.
- Take about 15 fresh , red leaves and consume them by chewing them well in the morning after brushing.
- Consume them regularly for 21 days.
- You can also make small balls by blending them with some water and then have it along with some normal water.
- Avoid eating anything for 2 hours.
- It will purifies your blood, cures itching, boils on skin, various other skin issues and most importantly help in curing diabetes.
♥ OTHER REMEDIES :
- Eating chapattis made out of gram flour or gram flour equally mixed with barley flour daily for 8-10 days will help controlling your blood sugar level.
- Exercise or daily walk has the potential to control diabetes without medicines. so it is advised to do jogging or if not possible then walking fast for about 30 minutes twice a day to control your sugar level.
- Eating yogurt, fresh fruits and fresh and green vegetables only and that too for straight two weeks can also help controlling it.
- Research suggests that Triphala (a type of Ayurvedic remedy) may play a beneficial role within cancer therapy, heart disease, weight loss, helps constipation relief as well as diabetes. In this way, the Ayurvedic treatments can offer a variety of cures rather than just the one. hence, Consume a tsp of triphala powder along with normal water daily in morning after brushing and avoid eating anything for 1 hour.
♥ HELPFUL TIPS :
- Include more of yogurt,fresh fruits and vegetables,soaked almonds, chaas, ginger, onion, carrot, lemon, tomato, radish, bitter gourd, black plum, coconut, cucumber, bottle gourd, cabbage, mint, coriander etc in your diet as they all are diabetic friendly.
- Avoid rice, starch, sweet fruits and cigarette.
- Do not sleep during day time.
- Try to drink water sip by sip instead of drinking it at once.