PRICKLY HEAT OR HEAT RASH also popularly known as ‘ghamoria’ is basically a skin condition, caused by blocked sweat ducts and trapped sweat beneath the skin.
♥ BARLEY WATER :
Barley also known as ‘jau’ or ‘sattu’ is a major cereal grain having extreme health benefits. Barley water is a traditional herbal tea made out of these barley pearls and consumed in various parts of world. All you need to do is :
- Take 500 gm of water in a pan and add 4-5 tsp of pearl barley to it. Bring it to boil and then cook for 4-5 minutes on simmer gas. Strain and decant the water without disturbing the pearls at the bottom. Cool it down & barley water is ready.
- Take 200-250 gm of barley water and add juice of 1 lemon to it.
- Consume it 1-2 times a day to get rid of heat rash early.
- It is also effective in swelling of mouth, allergy due to excess heat or some medicine and urinary tract infection.
♥ FULLER’S EARTH :
Fuller’s earth or Multani mitti has been used from long time to treat prickly heat. It has soothing properties that can effectively eliminate prickly heat symptoms. To make this all you need is :
- Multani mitti 100 gms
- water to soak
- Soak multani mitti piece in water for about 1-2 hours. After 1-2 hours, stir it well to make a (slight thick) fine paste.
- Apply this paste to your face and body.
- Sit in shade for half an hour and then take bath with normal water.
- It will provide relief from heat rash due to summer rainy season within 1-2 usages.
- It is also a great remedy to deal with excessive sweating and bad body odor.
♥ LEMON JUICE :
Lemon juiuce is an another great ingredient that prevent those heat rashes to come. It cleanse your pores deeply leaving it lighten in colour and also helps in curing other skin issues.
- While taking bath, add a few drops of LEMON JUICE to water and use this water to take bath.
- OR you can simply rub a little lemon juice on your face, neck and body immediately after bath while the skin is damp.
ALSO READ : Treat Dark Skin & Get Fair Complexion: Naturally
♥ ICE TREATMENT :
Applying ice over the effected area will gives you the cooling effect and provide immediate relief from prickly heat, redness and inflammation.