Vomiting, also known as emesis, is the involuntary, forceful expulsion of the contents of one’s stomach through the mouth. It is not a health issue or some disorder rather it might be a symptom of some other problem our body is facing.
Vomiting can be caused by a wide variety of conditions; it may present as a specific response to ailments like gastritis, food poisoning, pregnancy, summer heat or as a result of some stomach disorder. The feeling that one is about to vomit is called nausea, which often precedes, but does not always lead to, vomiting.
Although the problem is not so alarming, but…it is necessary to treat it ASAP to prevent yourself from further health issues. So here are some effective home remedies to treat vomiting and nausea :
♥ CLOVES :
Cloves help stimulate sluggish circulation and thereby promote digestion and metabolism. Hence it is a great remedy for vomiting, indigestion and other related problems. All you need to do is :
- Take 2 cloves and make fine powder out of it.
- Take 100 gm of water in a pan and put clove powder to it.
- Boil the water till it reduces to half.
- Strain the water and add a little rock candy powder if you want, to it.
- Have it and rest for some time while lying on your side.
- Consume it after every 4 hours for 4 times a day.
- It is great in curing nausea, vomiting, bad mouth taste, bad breath and vomiting during pregnancy as well as vomiting while travelling also.
- One can also suck 2 clove pieces in mouth to prevent nausea and specially while travelling.
♥ CORIANDER POWDER for vomiting due to summers :
It is one of the best and age old remedy for vomiting at home specially in summers. It will provide instant relief from nausea, vomiting, fast heart beat etc. All you need to do is :
- Take 12 gm / 3 tsp of coriander powder and mix it with 250 gm of water.
- Stir it well and leave it for 1 hour.
- After an hour, strain it and add rock candy (mishri) powder if you want, to it.
- For adults, Consume about 30 gm of this water after every 1 hour till you get relief. For kids, Consume 1 tsp of this water after every one hour.
♥ LEMON :
Lemon are acidic in nature… but when ingested, they alkalinize the blood and eases any upset stomach symptom. All you need to do to get relief through lemon includes :
- Take a kagzi nimboo / seedless lemon and cut it into half.
- Apply a little rock salt powder and black pepper powder to it.
- Try to suck this lemon half slowly.
- It will make you, to vomit and provide instant relief from nausea and dizziness etc.
♥ HAEMATEMESIS (blood in vomit) :
Vomiting blood, or hematemesis, can be a frightening experience, but in some cases it may be triggered by minor causes. Vomiting blood may also be caused by more serious conditions such as internal injuries, organ bleeding, or organ rupture. All you need to do is
- Take 3 gm of cumin seeds and 6 gm of rock candy or mishri,
- Blend them together to make fine powder.
- Consume this powder along with some normal water.
- Consume it twice or even 3 times a day as per the need.
- It is a great remedy for curing blood vomiting as well as loss of appetite, nausea, dizziness and vomiting etc.
♥ OTHER REMEDIES :
# FENNEL SEEDS :
- Make a fine powder of fennel seeds and rock candy (mishri) separately.
- Mix both the powders in equal quantity.
- Consume 2 tsp of this mixture twice a day preferably after meal.
- It will keep your nervous system strong and cures nausea, vomiting, cramps, acidity, dizziness and indigestion problems.
# AMRITDHARA ;
Amritdhara is a herbal extractions based on Ayurvedic preparation that is effective in various stomach disorders. It can be available easily from medical store or herbal product store. All you need to do is :
- Add 3-4 drops of herbal Amritdhara to normal water and drink.
- May be taken thrice a day or even hourly in case of acute cases.
- For greater effect, the Amritdhara drops may be added to a (patasa) sugar drop candy and eat.