IS THAT NAGGING HEADACHE BOTHERING YOU ..? WELL !!
Headache is the symptom of pain anywhere in the region of the head or neck and can occur as a result of many conditions whether serious or not. Causes of headaches may include fatigue, sleep deprivation, stress, the effects of medications, the effects of recreational drugs, viral infections, common colds, head injury, rapid ingestion of a very cold food or beverage,and dental or sinus issues. There is also an increased risk of depression in those with severe headaches.
Treatment of a headache depends on the underlying cause, but one can easily get rid of them by considering some of the easy yet effective home remedies, that work like wonders. So here are some :
♥ TULSI TEA for headache and fever :
Tulsi also popularly known as holy basil has great medicinal properties. This herb will relax and soothe your nerves and help you combat a stubborn headache due to cold, all you need is :
- Fresh tulsi leaves – 7-10 OR tulsi leaves powder – 1 gm
- Fresh ginger – 2 gm OR Ginger powder – 1/2 gm
- Whole Black pepper – 7 pieces OR some black pepper powder
- Take 200 gm of water in a pan.
- Add all the above ingredients to it and boil it for 2-3 minutes.
- Now switch off the gas and let it rest, while covered with a lid for 2 minutes.
- After 2 minutes, strain it and add 100 gm of hot milk and sugar to taste.
- Have it sip by sip while it is hot.
- Lie down and Rest for about 10 minutes with your head and body covered with a blanket.
- Consume it twice a day for 2-3 days.
- Give half quantity to kids.
- It is also effective in common cold, bronchitis, fever, malaria and indigestion problem.
ALSO READ : Common cold : home remedies to fight with it !!
♥ MELON SEEDS AND POPPY SEEDS for headache and sleeplessness :
This is the another very effective and easy remedy to treat headache. It also helps in getting healthy and sound sleep, and reducing the the pressure of the blood in the circulatory system. All you need is :
- Melon seeds
- White poppy seeds
- Firstly, grind both the ingredients separately.
- Mix each of them together (in equal quantity) and store it well in an air tight container.
- Consume about 3 gms or 1 tsp of this mixture twice a day preferably in morning and evening.
- Consume it for about 1-3 weeks or as per the requirement.
- It is a great remedy in curing chronic headache and sleeplessness problem.
♥ AMLA & HONEY for headache and overall health :
Amla or Indian Gooseberry is a power punch of health benefits in a small package. It is rich in vitamin C & contains anti-oxidants, fiber and minerals like calcium and phosphorus and a great way to keep yourself healthy and disease free. All you need to do is
- Take some fresh Amla, wash it well and grate it.
- Squeeze out all the juice out of grated amla using a muslin cloth or fine strainer.
- Take 15 gm/ 3 tsp of amla juice and add 15 gm of honey to it.
- Consume it daily in the morning after workout.
- Do not eat anything for 2 hours.
- Follow it regularly for some days.
- It is a great remedy for headache, eye diseases and keep you fit and healthy.
♥ HOLY BASIL for long standing and chronic headache :
Holy Basil, is undoubtedly one of the best medicinal herb that has been discovered.The health benefits of holy basil include oral care, cough and cold, chronic headache, relief from respiratory disorders, curing fever, asthma, lung disorders, heart diseases and many more. To get the most out of it :
- Take about 7-21 tulsi leaves as per your suitability and make a fine paste.
- Add this paste to 50 gm-125 gm yogurt (should not be sour).
- If yogurt does not suits you, simply add 2 tsp of honey to this basil paste and have it.
- Consume it in morning while empty stomach and do not eat anything for 30 minutes.
- Follow it for 3 weeks to 3 months and avoid spicy as well as oily food.
- It also helps in treating cold, fever,cough, asthma, weak memory, blood pressure, heart problems and various stomach disorders.
♥ OTHER REMEDIES to prevent headache :
# OIL MASSAGE for tension headache :
Massaging with herbal oil is a great remedy, when it comes to that carping tension headache. It help to expand and contract the blood vessels and possess soothing and calming effects.
- Gently massaging the nerves behind your neck and ears as well as back of your head with some herbal oil, preferably before bed time will relieve mental stress, anxiety, tension, neck pain and most importantly headache.
# SLEEPING POSITION :
According to ayurveda, sleep is an important aspect of individual’s good health. Direction of sleeping is an important consideration for every individual, as choosing the wrong direction for sleep may give rise to many health problems.
- You must keep your head while sleeping, towards the east direction in order to get an undisturbed sleep.
- By sleeping with your head towards east, the dynamia of sun will leave positive impact on your body.
- It will keep you protected from headache and eye diseases, improves your eyesight also .
# AMLA MARMALADE :
Some people, soon after they get up in the morning, faces severe headache accompanied with dizziness. It might be due to weak nervous system or something else. If that is the case :
- One should eat a piece of amla marmalade / murabba daily by chewing it well, in the morning while empty stomach.
- It will keep your nervous system strong, great for your eyes, cure stomach disorders and keep you fit, healthy and strong.