Premature graying’ itself means graying of hair at an early age and has become quite a common problem these days. The occurrence of white hair in your mid 40s could be digestible But, when you notice them in your early 20s or 30s it’s completely heartbreaking. It generally happens, When the body stops producing the pigment called ‘melanin’, responsible for the dark color of hair. Although lack of nourishment & heredity are major reasons for premature graying, it could also be due to :
- Improper care of hair and scalp
- Using very hot water while washing hair
- Excessive blow drying
- Regular usage of chemicals
- Smoking etc
Here are some of the home remedies that may help you treat premature graying and prevent its recurrence :
♥ AMLA OR INDIAN GOOSEBERRY :
Amla or Indian gooseberry has proved to be amazingly beneficial, when it comes to hair care. One can use amla in the following ways to deal with those gray hairs :
AMLA POWDER :
- Consume a tsp full of AMLA POWDER with the help of some water as a last thing before bedtime.
- It is great treating premature graying and making your skin radiant shine.
AMLA HAIR MASK :
- Make a thick paste using amla powder along with some water.
- Apply this paste on your scalp, leave it for 10-15 and rinse it with water.
- follow this technique two times a week for 3 months.
- You will see a drastic change in the quality of your hair.
WASH YOUR HAIR WITH AMLA WATER :
- Take 25 gms of dried amla and soak it in 250 gms of water for overnight.
- In the morning, slightly mash the mixture using hands or masher and strain it.
- Apply it on your hair and leave for 15-20 minutes.
- Wash your hair with normal water.
- Follow it once or twice a week.
AMLA AND COCONUT OIL :
- Take some fresh amla and grate it using a grater or blender.
- Squeeze out all the juice using a strainer or muslin cloth.
- Take either an iron pot or an earthen pot and put 500 gms amla juice to it.
- Now add 500 gms of coconut oil to it, stir well and let it come to boil.
- Let this mixture cook on simmer till all the moisture evaporate.
- Cool it down, strain it again to get rid of any impurities and store in a bottle.
- Massage this oil gently on your scalp before bedtime and take head wash in the morning.
♥ BHRINGRAJ AND BLACK SESAME :
Bhringraj is an important Ayurveda herb, widely used in hair fall treatment, liver disorders, skin diseases etc. It is also said to be a great remedy for premature graying of hair. All you need to do is :
- Take equal quantity of bhringraj powder(fine) and black sesame seeds.
- Mix them and store it in a bottle.
- Consume a tsp of this mixture by chewing it well followed by a glass of normal water.
- Consume it daily in the morning as first thing after brushing your teeth.
- Follow it regularly for 6 months to get rid of hair fall and graying of hair.
♥ CURD AND BLACK PEPPER :
Instead of using chemical containing shampoos, you can use this home made shampoo made out of curd and black pepper. It works great in hair fall and prevents graying of hair.
- Take 100 gms of curd and mix 1 gm of black pepper powder to it.
- Apply on your scalp and leave for 5-7 minutes.
- Rinse with water.
- use this shampoo at-least once in a week as it will prevent hair fall leaving your hair smooth and shiny.
♥ TRIPHALA POWDER :
Have you ever heard about the magic effects of Triphala? Well! triphala is again an ayurveda herb that has countless benefits. From stomach disorders to hair problems or from skin issues to eye problems, triphala has solution to each and every problem. to prevent premature graying all you need to do is :
- Consume a tsp of triphala powder with water or hot milk daily before bedtime.
- Wash your head using triphala water and for making triphala water :
- Soak 10 gms of triphala in 200 gms of water.
- Let it soak for overnight.
- In the morning, stir it well and strain out the water.
- Apply this water all over your scalp and hair.
- leave for 15 minutes.
- then, wash with normal water.