Dandruff – that comes out, to be one of the common problem these days is a problem not about your hair, or how often you wash it. Instead, it’s about the skin on your scalp. Skin cells that grow and die off too fast are the problem.
Although the problem is not so insignificant or petty that it should be ignored but at the same time it is not as big and awful that cannot be cured. All you need to do to get rid of this pesky problem is, to have some patience and follow the remedies as said and you will see the results..
♥ CAMPHOR (KAPOOR) :
Camphor is said to be a great remedy, when it comes to that itchy and flaky scalp. It will provides instant relief from dandruff, itching and head lice also. All you need is :
- Coconut oil – 100 gms
- powdered camphor – 4 gms
- Just mix both together and store it in a bottle.
- Take few drops of this oil and massage it gently on your scalp.
- If it is possible, apply it twice a day. firstly, in the morning after bath and secondly before bed time.
- Wash your head the next morning preferably with reetha shampoo (mentioned below).
- You will see the difference with one usage.
♥ LEMON JUICE :
Lemon juice is also very effective in curing dandruff. Using lemon juice on your hair will gives your hair natural shine and is also effective in lice problem.
- Just simply take a lemon and get juice out of it. Apply this lemon juice all over your scalp by gently massaging. Leave it for 30-40 minutes. Now wash your head Preferably with reetha shampoo.
- OR Take some coconut oil, add juice of half lemon and 2-3 pinch of camphor powder (kapoor) to it. Stir well and apply it on your scalp by massaging gently. Leave it for overnight. Wash your head in the morning.
♥ HOME MADE SOAP NUT (REETHA) SHAMPOO :
Soap nut also called as reetha is amazingly beneficial for your hair. It is a great remedy for dandruff and hair fall and leaves your hair smooth and lustrous. All you need is :
- Soap nut or reetha shell
- Ratio is 1 :40
- Take soap nut, and deseed them.
- Take water in a deep bowl, put all the soap nuts into it and Let them soak for overnight.
- In the morning, put all the mixture in a pan and cook for more 5-7 minutes on simmer after a boil.
- Strain the water and let it cool down a bit.
- Use as normal shampoo. Wet hair, then massage the Reetha shampoo on the scalp, and move towards the ends of your hair. Let it sit for couple of minutes and then rinse. This mix hardly lathers. But it cleans your hair well.
♥ FULLER’S EARTH :
Fuller’s earth also popularly known as Multani mitti is also said to be very beneficial in getting rid of dandruff and leaves your hair satin smooth. All you need is :
- Multani mitti 100 gms
- water to soak
- Soak multani mitti in some water for about 1-2 hours.
- After 1-2 hours, stir it well to make a (slight thick) fine paste.
- Apply this paste to your hair as well as as scalp and leave it for 20-30 minutes.
- You can also add some curd & lime juice into the paste if your hair are very dry and frizzy.
- Rinse your hair with normal water.