We all have experienced a bout of hic! hic! hiccups at some time or other. It is quite a common condition that does not require any medical attention.
Hiccups, generally occur due to the involuntary contractions in the diaphragm muscles. Diaphragm muscles are those that help in breathing. Hiccups generally occurs due to : Consuming more of alcoholic or aerated beverages, Eating spicy food, Eating too fast or sometimes mental Stress etc.
Although these spasms of your diaphragm muscle are not harmful at all, but can be quite irritating and annoying. So when you’re desperate to know how to stop hiccups, try these easy home remedies.
♥ GREEN CARDAMOM :
Green cardamom also referred as chotti elaichi is said to be a great remedy ,when it comes to curing hiccups. All you need is :
- Green cardamom – 4 pieces
- Water – 400 gms
- Put the green cardamom pods in mortar pestle and make coarse powder out of it.
- Now take water in a pan and put all the cardamom powder to it.
- Keep it on gas and let it boil till the water reduces to half the quantity.
- strain it and let it cool a bit.
- Drink it while it is luke warm.
- It will provide relief like a magic, with a single usage only.
♥ GINGER :
Ginger can also help get rid of those pesky hiccups. Although it might taste a bit unpleasant, this remedy is quite effective.All you need is :
- Peel the ginger.
- Cut it into thin small pieces.
- Sucking on these ginger pieces will provide you instant relief.
- It is a beneficial remedy in all kind of Irretrievable hiccups.
♥ FENNEL SEEDS :
Fennel seeds are also great in getting rid of those irritating hiccups. It also helps in curing sore throat, hiccough or nausea. All you need is :
- Fennel seeds – 25 gms
- water – 250 gms
- Soak these fennel seeds in the water for about an hour.
- Now drink this water sip by sip.
- It is a great remedy to treat those severe or painful hiccups that you face repeatedly.
♥ PUT YOUR FINGERS IN THE EARS :
Maybe this sounds weird, but this method helps many people to stop the hiccups.
- Simply, put your fingers in your ears but.. be gentle and do not put them too far into the ears.
- This method stops the hiccups by stimulating the nerves connected to the diaphragm.