Dark spots and blemishes are some of the common skin problem these days that leads to discolored and patchy skin on our face and other body parts. Although it is not an alarming issue but they definitely looks odd and embarrassing and lower one’s confidence.
There are many reasons behind it such as : overexposure to sun, pollution, using chemical products, improper skin care, stress, smoking etc
These spots are very hard to remove and medical treatments are not always helpful either. Here are some of the simple home remedies that will help you lessen and lighten the dark spots and get a healthy, clear skin..
♥ SANDAL WOOD or CHANDAN :
Sandalwood is said to be a great remedy for skin related problems and when it comes to treating dark patches, spots or blemishes on your skin, it definitely work like wonders. All you need to do is:
- For dry skin :- Just rub sandalwood stick on a hard surface along with some milk to get a paste.
- For oily skin:- Just rub sandalwood stick on a hard surface along with some rose water to get a paste.
- Apply this paste on your face as well as neck.
- leave it for 1 hour.
- After an hour, wash your face with cold water.
- It also soothes your skin in summers
- Follow it regularly for some days to see the desired results.
- It is also effective in lightening the burn or injury marks.
♥ TOMATOES :
Tomatoes, being rich in vitamin A and C, have bleaching properties. They are great in making your skin lighter, tighter and much more brighter and hence a best home remedy to lighten up blemishes, freckles, dark spots & pigmentation.All you need to do is :
- Take a medium ripe tomato and squeeze out its juice.
- Add 8-10 drops of lemon juice to it and mix well.
- Apply this paste on your face and neck and leave for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes. wash your face with cold water.
- Apply this once or twice a day.
- Follow this regularly for some days and specially in summers.
♥ HOLY BASIL or TULSI :
Holy Basil leaves, also known as the “tulsi” is a wonderful plant having great medicinal properties. They are said to be extremely beneficial for our skin due to presence of linoleic acid in it as it lightens the skin tone, soothes the acne prone sensitive skin and even helps eliminating pimples/acne. So, all you need is:
- Crush some tulsi leaves in mortar-pestle and strain out its juice using fine sieve or a muslin cloth.
- Add equal quantity of lemon juice to it.
- Mix well and store in glass bottle in a cool place.
- Take a few drops of this mixture on a cotton ball and apply it by gently massaging on your face.
- leave for some 20-30 minutes.
- Wash with normal water.
- Apply this mixture twice a day in the morning and evening.
- It is great remedy for blemishes and dark patches.
♥ TURMERIC or HALDI :
Turmeric is again said to be great for your skin due to antiseptic properties as well as its bleaching effect on your skin. All you need is :
- Take dried turmeric fingers and rub it on hard surface along with some lemon juice to get a thin and flowy paste.
- Apply this paste by gently massaging it either on effected area or whole face.
- Leave it for some time and then wash with normal water.
- Apply once a day.
- Your spots will get lighter day by day and skin will start shining.
♥ LEMON-THE WONDER INGREDIENT :
Lemon is till now the best ingredient for skin problems. From spots to wrinkles or from blackheads to hard skin, lemon has a solution to all the problems. It is also a natural exfoliating agent that gently removes the hyper-pigmented top layer of the skin to gradually expose the lighter fairer skin below.
- Just rub a lemon peel or simply apply lemon juice all over your face, neck and hands before going to bed.
- In the morning, take bath or wash your face.
- Follow it continuously for 2 weeks to see the difference in your skin.
- If you have dark spots on your face due to some liver disorder, then along with applying lemon as said above, drink 1-2 glasses of lemon mixed water for continuous 15 days not more.