“Acidity”also referred to as “Heartburn” is a common problem that we have all suffered at some point or other. As we all know, Our stomach normally secretes some acid that is essential to break down the food and further digest it properly. But sometimes, there is excess secretion of these acids in the gastric glands of the stomach which leads to this so called acidity. Its common symptoms include pain and irritation in chest as well as stomach. Well ! instead of popping up antacids, there are some natural home remedies you can try to get rid of the problem.
♥ FOODS DURING ACIDITY :
Foods that you should avoid or that causes acidity are ;
- foods that are acidic and sour
- urad dal etc
Foods you should eat or are good during acidity :
- cow’ milk
- pomegranate juice
- fennel seeds
- big raisins (munakka)
- amla (gooseberry)
- sattu etc
♥ CLOVES :
Clove, being a carminative herb, is said to be stomach friendly. It is great in digestion and keep all the stomach problems at bay! In case of acidity :
- Put 1 clove in your mouth and bite, so that the juice is released and then suck it inside your mouth. The slowly released juice will immediately lower acid reflux and give you some relief.
- This has to be done after your meal in the morning as well as evening.
- Cloves can also help get rid of bad breath.
♥ JAGGERY :
Jaggery or gud is also said to be very good in case of stomach disorders. It provide relief from acidity, flatulence, mouth ulcer etc.
- Have a piece of jaggery daily after your meal in the morning as well as evening.
- It is said that Sucking a piece of jaggery after meal will clean the impurities in our body.
- Jaggery , which is an year old is said to be more beneficial.
♥ MYROBALAN OR BLACK HARAD :
Myrobalan or popularly known as black (kali) harad is also said to be good in acidity and other stomach problems. You can either powder it at home or can also get it readymade from market. All you need is :
- Black harad powder 2 gms or 1/2 tsp
- Jaggery 2 gms
- Try to consume black harad powder mixed with jaggery with a glass of normal water.
- preferably 30 minutes after your meal.
- Consume it daily two times a day for three days.