Summers are on its peak with that bright and vivid sun above us and so are the problems associated with it. One of the most common problem associated with summers is catching a heatstroke also known as ‘sunstroke’ or ‘loo lagna’.
- Heat stroke usually result from prolonged exposure to high temperatures-in combination with dehydration.
- It leads to failure of the body’s temperature control system.
- Usual body temperature is 98.6°F, in an heat stroke it rises to 104°F
- Persons, who are more exposed to sun, are the most susceptible to this condition.
Its symptoms include : headache, Red and dry skin, Muscle cramp, Nausea and vomiting, Rapid breathing, Unconsciousness etc.
Heatstroke can even cause severe damage to the brain or other vital organs of our body. However, there are many tips to prevent heatstroke or loo that are easy to follow and works every time !
♥ ONIONS :
An onion a day can keep that Heatstroke away! Onion is always known for its essential heat absorbing benefits, and works magically in preventing a sunstroke.
- Keeping a peeled onion in your pocket before going out in that scorching summer afternoon, can help you to fight excessive heat.
- It is also advisable to eat raw onion daily along with your meal.
♥ RAW MANGO (KACHA AAM) :
Raw mango juice turns out to be a tonic to prevent as well as cure heatstroke by keeping body temperature normal. All you need to do is :
- Take 4-5 raw mangoes and boil them in water for some time.
- Now peel them and extract all the pulp out of it.
- Blend along with some water to make it smooth.
- Add salt to taste, cumin seeds powder 2 gms, crushed mint leaves 2 gms to it.
- You can also add some sugar or jaggery if you want.
- Mix well and drink.
- It is a great remedy to prevent and cure heatstroke.
- It is advisable to drink 60 gms of this refreshing drink, twice a day in summers.
♥ BUTTERMILK :
Buttermilk is also considered as one of the best remedy to reduce the increasing heat in the body.
- Drinking 1-2 glasses of buttermilk or masala chaas before going out in sun can keep your body cool as it will keep your body well hydrated.
- It is also advisable to drink a glass of it daily in summers preferably after lunch.
♥ TAMARIND DRINK:
Tamarind drink, being rich in minerals, vitamins, and electrolytes, helps to treat stomach disorders and can lower your body temperature.All you need to do is :
- Soak some tamarind in hot water for some time and then strain out the pulp. Add some sugar and seasonings as per your taste and your cool summer drink is ready.
- Or You can also apply the pulp of tamarind on the foot soles and your palms to cure heatstroke.
♥ MORE FLUIDS :
- Drinking a lot of water before going outside in summer will keep your body well hydrated and will reduce the chances of heatstroke. you can also go for coconut water or lemon water occasionally.
- OR one can also use sponge to get instant relief from heatstroke.