We all have heard of a popular saying “Stomach is a mother of all diseases” and it is true of course. Whatever we eat has effect on our body and health. A bad stomach can leads to bad health.
Stomach gas or flatulence is on the common stomach problem. Suffering from flatulence can be very irritating and sometimes embarrassing too. However, whether you are naturally prone to producing more gas or you only notice it after certain foods, there are natural remedies that can help you to get rid of it easily…
♥ BUTTERMILK DRINK MADE WITH YOGURT :
Buttermilk is one the very effective and age old remedy to treat stomach gas or flatulence. It contains acid in it which fights germs and bacteria and helps clear stomach and aid digestion.All you need is :
- Buttermilk 125 gms
- carom seeds (ajwain) 2 grams
- black salt 1/2 grams
- Try to consume a glass of this buttermilk preferably after lunch.
- Follow it regularly for 2 weeks to get relief from this gas problem permanently.
- It is also beneficial in acidity and constipation problem.
- One should avoid food items that causes gas in stomach like: rice, arbi (taro roots), cauliflower etc
- It is beneficial to drink it daily in summers after lunch.
♥ GARLIC STUFFED BIG RAISINS (MUNAKKA) :
It is the another effective remedy to treat stomach gas. The pungent heating quality present in garlic helps stimulate the gastric fire and thus offers relief from stomach gas and other stomach related problems.
It gives instant relief when consumed along with big raisins or munakka. All you need to do is :
- Take two big raisins(munakka), slit them from center and deseed them.
- Also take two cloves of garlic and peel them.
- Now stuff this whole garlic clove inside the big raisin and cover it properly.
- Consume 1-2 pieces by chewing it, specially after lunch.
- It may sounds strange but is actually very effective.
- It aids instant relief from flatulence.
- It also provides relief against back ache and body pain in winters.
♥ 5 IN 1 HOMEMADE (DIP) CHUTNEY :
It is yet another easy as well as very effective home remedy to treat stomach gas. It is a 5 in one chutney made out of 5 ingredients such as ;
- Big Raisins (munakka) – 30 gms
- Ginger – 6 gms
- Fennel seeds (big) – 6 gms
- Black Pepper – 3 gms
- Black salt – to taste
- Put all the ingredients into a blender.
- Add a little water to it and blend.
- A thick sauce (chutney) will be ready.
- Consume 1-2 tsp of this chutney along with meal 2 times daily.
♥ OTHER REMEDIES :
- Keeping a clove or green cardamom in your mouth after your meal will helps in preventing the formation of gas in your stomach.
- Consuming a tsp of fennel seeds after meal is also very helpful in preventing gas formation and Keeping your mouth odor free.