Earaches can be very uncomfortable as well as painful. Earache refers to the inflammation of the middle ear or the outer ear. It usually occurs due to cold and is most common in winters. It is most prevalent among children. In severe cases the infections and aches can cause hearing loss.
There can be any reason behind an earaches such as :
- Ear infection
- Fluid buildup inside ear
- Ear injury or any physical damage
- Any mosquito or insect entered into ear
- common cold etc..
HOME REMEDIES TO EARACHES :
The above said causes to earaches can leads to permanent hear loss, other permanent injury to ear if not treated well and on time. A simple earaches can be taken care of, easily at home with natural remedies. These home remedies are very simple yet very effective :
♥ GARLIC AND MUSTARD OIL : Mustard oil prepared with garlic is one the most effective home remedy to any kind of ear problem. To make this all you need ;
- GARLIC – 2-3 cloves
- MUSTARD OIL – 2 tsp
- In a small pan, add mustard oil along with garlic cloves (cut into small) and put it on gas.
- let the oil cook on simmer (very low gas) till the garlic cloves turns dark brown.
- Once it turns brown, switch off the gas and let the oil cools down a bit.
- Strain the oil well preferably using a muslin cloth, so that no garlic particles or other impurities should left in the oil.
- Now dip a cotton ball in this oil (luke warm) and pour 2-3 drops of this oil in you ear to get instant relief.
- In case of otorrhoea (a problem where a mucus is formed and released from the ear), you can add 5-7 neem leaves along with garlic to oil and put 2-3 drops of this oil before going to bed.
♥ ONION : Fresh onion juice is also an effective remedy in various ear related problems. All you have to do is;
- Take an onion, peel it and grate it.
- Now put this grated onion to a muslin cloth (if available) or a fine strainer and extract all juice out of it.
- Slightly heat this onion juice & pour 2-3 drops of this luke warm onion juice to your ear using a cotton ball.
TULSI (HOLY BASIL) LEAVES : It is yet another easy home remedy to treat ear problems at home.
- Take a few leaves of tulsi or holy basil leaves and crush it using a mortar and pestle or blender.
- Extract juice out of it using fine strainer or muslin cloth.
- slightly heat this juice.
- Pour a few drops of this luke warm juice to your ear in which there is pain.
♥ GINGER : Ginger is another useful ingredient in various ear related problems specially when it comes to Earache due to cold, Ear wax, bumps or warts in ear.
- All you need to do is put 2-3 drops of slightly warm ginger juice to ear having any problem.
- It will instant relief in pain but you can put few more drops after some time if still there is some pain or irritation.
♥ NEEM LEAVES (Azadirachta indica) : It is one of the simplest ways to get rid of clogged ears. The steam will help thin and loosen the mucus, which in turn will give you relief from clogged ears. Steam can also help loosen earwax causing clogging.
- Boil a few neem leaves in some water for about 5-7 minutes.
- Steam your ears using this water for few seconds.
- It will provide instant relief from pain along with loosening earwax.
♥ BRANDY : Brandy keeps your chest warm or increases body heat, which is why we have heard from our mothers and grandmothers about its benefits during cough and cold.
But who knows that is also effective in curing ear problems and severe earache. Simply putting 2-3 drops of brandy in your ear having pain and infection will gives you instant relief.