Eye sty (stye) is a type of an eye infection leading to pain and irritation in eyes. It is a red bump,more of like a pimple that forms on the outside edge of your eyelid. Although, sometimes sties can form inside your eyelid as well.
Your eyelids have lots of tiny oil glands, which can become clogged by dead skin, dirt, or oil buildup. When a gland is blocked, bacteria can grow inside. This is what causes a sty to develop.
Symptoms of a sty include pain and swelling, increased tear production, tenderness, burning sensation, itching, difficulty blinking, increased sensitivity to light, and mucus discharge from the affected eye.
HOME REMEDIES TREATING EYE STY :
Here are some of simple yet very effective home remedies to treat eye sty :
TAMARIND SEED :
After extracting tamarind pulp, tamarind seeds are generally thrown away, but.. sometimes these waste seeds can also be of great use.
- All you have to do is take a tamarind seed and start rubbing it on a hard surface by using some water (like rubbing sandalwood) to get a semi thick paste out of it. Apply this paste on affected area.
- It will give you instant relief within few hours.
- It also prevents reoccurring of sty.
OTHER REMEDY :
Another easy yet effective home remedy for eye sty is
- wash your hands properly and dry them well.
- Now start rubbing your right hand’s index finger on your left palm continuously for few seconds till your finger turns a little hot.
- once your finger turns hot, place it in on affected area (sty).
- repeat this process for 5-6 times at a particular time.
- this is very effective in treating sty and gives instant relief within few hours.
PREVENTING STY FROM REOCCURRING :
Few tips that helps in preventing reoccurring of sty includes:
- Consume 3 gms of triphala powder along with warm cow milk once or twice a day. follow it regularly for 1-2 weeks. it is very useful in preventing frequent sty problem.
- One should clean their private parts daily as well as properly to prevent frequent sty problem.