We generally talk about obesity,over weight and weight loss issues, but there are some people in this world who genuinely want to gain a few kilos. It is as challenging as shedding extra pounds. Being underweight can be due to excessive physical activity, skipping meals, emotional stress, genetic factors, lack of sleep, a weak digestive system or due to any disease etc.
HOME REMEDIES TO WEIGHT GAIN :
It is good to be slim but being skinny is troublesome. Are you worried about your weight and want to put on some pounds? Don’t worry! Here is a list of foods that may add up to extra kilos on your body, making you look healthy and fit.
♥ BANANA’S :
You may or may not know it, but bananas are an excellent source of weight gain. They are full of calories hence gives you an instant energy lift. But it is important that you consume it in a right manner & way.
- Eat about 2-3 well ripe bananas daily.
- To gain weight, eat them after your meal (either after breakfast or lunch).
- Follow it regularly for 2 months.
♥ DATES :
Date fruits, popularly known as Khajur, are packed with essential nutrients, vitamins and minerals thereby making them indispensable when it comes to weight gain. Rich in dietary fiber, antioxidants and made of simple sugars, these soft, fleshy fruits can revitalize the body and almost instantly give an energy boost.
DATE KHEER :
- Take about 5-7 dates, deseed them and wash them well. Chop them into small pieces. Now take 300 gms of milk in a pan, add these chopped dates into the milk and let it come to boil. Once comes to boil, simmer the gas and let it cook on simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove it from the gas and you will see that the dates will turn a little soft.
- Consume the dates by chewing them well followed by milk (once it cools down a little)
- Date kheer is very beneficial in curing all stomach related problems along with gaining weight.
- Consume it daily either in the morning or at night before going to bed.
- Follow it regularly for 30-40 days.
DATES AND GHEE :
- Take about 1-3 dates according to your age.
- Slit & deseed them and wash them well.
- Add about 1/2 tsp of clarified butter (desi ghee) along with 1-2 whole black pepper in each of the dates (khajoor) and consume them.
- Consume it daily for 3-4 weeks to experience immense power and to gain weight naturally.
♥ DRY DATES :
If you are under weight and wants to gain weight naturally, dry dates will be ideal for you. They are packed with calories and hence, you can gain adequate muscles without putting on much weight. You can enhance your physical stamina to a greater extent with the help of these nourishing fruits.
DRY DATE KHEER :
- Take 2 dry dates, deseed them and chop them into small pieces.
- Now take about 500 gms of milk, add chopped dry dates and cook till the milk reduces to half.
- Add sugar as per your need & let it cool down a bit.
- Strain out the milk and consume it.
- You can also eat the dry dates if you want.
- Follow this remedy for 2-3 weeks and preferably in winters.
- Consume it preferably in night before going to bed.
- Avoid drinking water for at least 2 hours after it.
- Do not consume more than 4 dry dates a day.
DRY DATE MILK :
- Take 2 dry dates and soak them in water in an earthen or glass bottle for overnight.
- In the morning, deseed them and boil them in 300 gms of milk.
- When the milk reduces to 250 gms, switch off the gas and let it cool down.
- consume this milk for 2-3 weeks.
♥ BARLEY :
Barley is a whole grain rich in vitamin B-complex, iron, calcium, magnesium, manganese, zinc, copper, protein, amino acids, dietary fiber and various other antioxidants. You can reap the health benefits of this versatile grain by including it in your diet specially when it comes to gaining weight and getting a well shaped body.
BARLEY WATER :
- To make barley water : You can easily get pearl barley from market or any chemist shop easily. Take 4-5 tsp of this pearl barley. Put it into 500 ltrs of water and put it on gas. let it cook for 3-4 boils. Now switch off the gas and let it cool down a bit. while cooling down, the barley pearls will settle down in the bottom. Strain the water and add crystallized sugar (mishri)to it and drink it sip by sip.
- Above all its benefits, it keeps yourself cool and hydrated during summer. It is considered to be one of the best summer drinks keeping you hydrated and cool.
- It is also a popular drink among Punjabi peasants. It is called ‘sattu’ in Punjabi.
- It certainly has many benefits like clearing toxins from stomach, helps to reduce cholesterol and keeps the skin clear.
BARLEY KHEER :
- Barley pearls cooked in milk along with sugar is another barley recipe, very effective for gaining weight and to healthy well shaped body , if you are under weight.
- consume it in the breakfast.
- consume it regularly for 2 months.
- If can’t consume it daily, consume at least 2-3 days a week.