God has gifted us a very precious gift, that is EYES through which we can see the whole world and beautiful nature around us or we can say that ” Our eyes are the window to the world around us”. So one should take proper care of them.
But certain factors like genetics, poor nutrition, aging and excessive strain on the eyes usually contribute to weak eyesight, and many other eye related problems like blurry vision, frequent headaches and watery eyes.
Nevertheless, here we are discussing some natural tips and remedies to get rid of glasses and to get healthy , beautiful eyes. These remedies are very influential and without any side effects:
∴ ALMONDS, FENNEL SEEDS AND CRYSTALLIZED SUGAR LUMPS :
This home remedy is very effective in improving your eyesight and getting rid of spectacles within a short span of time. All you need is :
- Almonds (badam)
- Long Fennel seeds (badi saunf)
- Crystallized sugar lumps (kuja mishri)
- Take Equal Quantity of all the 3 ingredients and blend them together to make a fine powder out of it. Store it in an air tight glass bottle.
- Consume about 10 gms of this powder along with 250 gms of milk daily in the night before going to sleep .
- consume daily for about 40 days.
- It is also effective in weak memory and improves your learning power.
- Do not consume water for atleast two hours after consuming it.
- Give half quantity to children.
- If you couldn’t find crystallized sugar lumps (or kuja mishri) , you can simply use normal sugar lumps (mishri) .
∴ PALMING METHOD :
According to eye professionals, all eye related problems are mainly due to strain on eye muscles. Different types of strains causes different types of error of refraction in eyes. Palming is one of a method that helps relaxing our eye muscles hence cures many eye problems.
HOW TO PERFORM IT :
- Sit on a chair or sofa in a relaxed manner with your elbows either on table or place a pillow on your knees and keep your elbows on the pillow and Close your eyes gently.
- Make cup like shapes with your palms and place your palms on your cheek bones to cover your eyes in such a way that your palms do not touches your eyes.
- While covering your eyes with your hands, make sure that there should be no pressure on your eyes and also there should be no light, or as little as possible, allowed to enter the eye.
- Your hands and eyes both should be stress free.
- You can perform palming 4-5 times a day for about 2-10 minutes.
- Along with relaxed hands and relaxed eyes, it is important to keep your mind relaxed.
OTHER EFFECTIVE REMEDIES :
∴ Wash your Eyes with cold water– Washing your eyes will removes all the dust and dirt from your Eyes and keep them clean but it is beneficial only if it is done in a correct way.
- In the morning, brush your teeth. Now fill your mouth some water (cold water preferred but not chilled) and while holding the water for 2-3 seconds in your mouth, wash your eyes with cold water.
- Spit out the water (once turns a little hot) and again fill your mouth with cold water and start washing your eyes.Repeat this for 3-4 times.
- It stimulates the muscles of the eyes, due to the pressure exerted by the water filled in your mouth. The splash of cold water on your face helps enliven the nerve endings and rejuvenates the skin.
- Wash your eyes daily, three times a day in the morning, afternoon and evening using cold water.
- You will see the positive results within one month of following it and following it regularly for some months will improve your eyesight.
∴ Wash your eyes with triphala water : Washing your eyes with triphala water will not only improves your eyesight but also helps in other eye related problems.
- To make triphala water, take about 200 gms of water in a glass or earthen bottle and add 1 tsp of triphala powder (Coarsely blended and not a too fine powder) to it, stir it well and leave it for overnight. In the morning, strain out the water and wash your eyes using this water.
- Wash your eyes with triphala water once a day specially in the morning.
- Follow it regularly for 1-2 months.
∴ Massage foot soles : Massaging the soles and fingers of your feet daily in the morning with pure Mustard Oil, will improve your eyesight.
- One should begin with dripping some oil on the toe of your feet and massage it gently.
- Then drip oil and massage on other fingers of your feet and then on sole.
- It will make your feet soft as well.
∴ Carrot Juice and Tomatoes :
- Include carrots and tomatoes in your diet as these are very beneficial for your eyes.
- One should consume about half a glass of carrot juice , two times a day for 2-3 months.
∴ EYE ACTIONS AND EXERCISES :
To strengthen your eye muscles and making them stress free, one should perform these simple eye exercises daily for 5-10 minutes.These exercise are done to stimulate the muscles around your eye balls. while performing these exercises, keep your back bone straight and your neck stable.
- Now rotate your eyeballs, first to the upwards and then downwards.repeat for 5-6 times.
- Now rotate your eye balls to first to left and then right direction. repeat for 5-6 times
- Now move your eyeball first in clockwise direction and then in anti clockwise direction. Repeat for 4 times.
- Try to do these exercises slowly at first and then do them fast.
- After performing each exercise for 5-6 times, close you eyes gently and relax your eyes for some time and then move to other exercise.
- These exercises will strengthen your eye muscles and make your eyesight sharp.
SHIFTING EXERCISE : In this exercise, you’ll try to focus on one thing that is closer to you and then shift your focus to other thing far away from you.
- Hold a pencil or index finger 6 inches (15 cm) in front of your nose. Focus at the tip of the pencil for 3 seconds.
- Then shift the pencil down and now look for something else that is at least 20 feet away. focus on the newly acquired target for another 3 seconds and shift your focus back to the pencil.
- Repeat this back and forth between the two objects for 10 times. For both instance, you should try your best to get the clearest image.
- But try not to stay on one object for more than 10 seconds.
BLINKING EXERCISE : Blinking is a crucial part of keeping the right amount of moisture in the eye surface. It coats the eye with a fresh layer of tears while also cleaning the surface and moisturizing it. Under normal circumstances, one should blink about 12-15 times a minute.