Everyone dreamt of having a soft, smooth, subtle skin and to make this dream come true, one should give a little care to their skin. skin types generally differ from person to person like dry, oily, sensitive or combination skin.
And when it comes to dry skin, we mean skin which is is less flexible, flaky, more visible lines and more prone to itchiness. Dry skin requires proper nourishment and when it comes to winter, a little more care should be given. You can use some of the natural home made remedies to make your dry skin smooth and soft. These home made treatment give your skin the required nourishment without any side effect.
Also read # Normal to Combination skin treatment : naturally
Also read # Dry Skin treatment: Naturally
♥ SCRUB (UBTAN) FOR DRY SKIN :
Dry skin is specially a big problem in winters when the cold and dry air take away the natural moisture of your skin and leaves it dry and flaky. So here is a natural homemade scrub to a beautiful and nourished skin. all you need is :
- wheat flour / millet flour 60 gms
- turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
- sesame oil / mustard oil or desi ghee 1 tsp
- water as required
mix all the ingredients to make a fine (slight thick) paste. Apply on your face and other body parts. Leave it for 10 minutes. Remove it by gently rubbing with your hand firstly and then take bath with luke warm/ normal water. It will make your skin instant smooth, shiny,nourished.
- Can be used once a week.
- can also add a pinch of sandalwood powder for fragrance.
- You can use one part gram flour (BESAN) and two part milk to make a fine paste and use it instead of soap to take bath.
♥ MILK CREAM MOISTURIZER :
Milk cream / malai is another magic ingredient for dry skin. it acts as a natural moisturizer making your skin smooth and soft. To make this all you need is :
- Milk cream / malai 1 tsp full
- Turmeric powder a pinch
Mix both well. Apply it on face as well as neck and gently massage it for about 5 minutes. if your skin is too dry it will absorb all the moisture. but if you feel, you can gently wipe out excess oil with cotton ball dipped in some rose water.
- Can also be used about 15 minutes before taking shower daily.
- Also very beneficial for cracked heels. Just apply it on your feet, massage well and leave it for overnight with your socks on. (wash your feet well before applying).
♥ MILK BATH (DUGDH SNAN) :
Milk is an another important ingredient for treating dry skin, having soothing properties that greatly help get rid of dry and itchy skin. it also helps lightening skin complexion. you need :
- Raw milk / normal luke warm milk 1/2 cup
- Cotton ball
Dip cotton ball in milk, and wipe it gently all over your face, neck, hands and other body parts for 5-10 minutes. leave it to dry for 20 minutes. Wash it with luke warm or normal water. It will make your skin instant smooth and shiny.
- In winters, you can simply take some milk, massage it with your hands on all over your body, leave for 5-10 minutes and then take bath with normal water.
- milk helps in lightening the colour of your skin and remove dark spots.