Our skin has natural oils. These natural oils are good for our skin, keeps our skin nourished, protects our skin and fights signs of aging but excess of these oils can also lead to many problems like acne, blackheads, whiteheads and other skin irritations.
The excess oil results from the sebaceous glands in the skin, producing excess sebum. Those who have these conditions usually have shiny skin and large pores.
Oily skin needs proper care and maintenance and when it comes to skin care, nature is at our rescue. one can use natural ingredients to treat their skin as they are very effective and also has no side effects so here are some tips for treating oily skin:
♥ BESAN-HALDI SCRUB (UBTAN):
If you have oily skin, besan (gram flour) and haldi (turmeric powder) works like wonders for you. To make this mask you need:
- Gram flour (besan) 60 gms
- Turmeric powder (haldi) 1/2 tsp
- Raw milk (or water) as required
- Mustard/olive oil 8-10 drops
mix all the ingredients together to make a fine(slight thick) paste. Apply this paste on your face, arms, neck and other body parts. keep this for 5-10 minutes. Now start removing it by gently rubbing it with your hands firstly and then wash your face and body with luke warm water. It will make your skin soft , smooth and shiny and also removes unnecessary hair from your face and body.
- You can also mix gram flour along with water only to make fine paste, apply on face, keep it for 15 minutes and wash it off. Specially in summers, it refreshes your face and also removes excess oil.
- Move your hand from downwards to upwards directions while removing the mask.
- Do not use on your lips. eyebrows or eyelashes.
- Use this for about 4 times a month.
♥ CUCUMBER TONER:
Cucumber is an another magic ingredient for oily skin. It provides natural shine and glow to your skin. To make cucumber toner:
- Take fresh cucumber, grate it and strain out fresh cucumber juice. (3 gms)
- Lime juice (1/2 tsp)
- Rose water (1/2 tsp)
Mix all the ingredients well. Apply this toner with cotton ball on your face as well as neck. Wash it after 1/2 – 1 hour firstly with luke warm water and after that with normal water.
- You can also make this toner in large quantity and store it in glass bottle in cool place.
- This toner is also beneficial for sun tanned skin.
- you can simply take cucumber pieces and start rubbing it on your face. wash it after 10 minutes to remove excess oil and to get instant fresh skin.
- For dark patches around eyes, dip cotton ball in cucumber juice and keep it on your eyes for 10-15 minutes.
♥ CLEANSER FOR OILY SKIN :
This cleanser is made out of lemon juice and milk. As we all know that lime juice is very beneficial in balancing oily skin and on the other hand milk makes our skin soft and smooth. So to make this cleanser:
- Raw milk 2 tbsp
- Few drops of lime juice
Take raw milk , add 8-10 drops of lime juice to it mix well and apply it on your face as well as neck with your hands or cotton ball. Wash it after 10-15 minute with normal water. It will make make your skin soft , smooth and glowing.
- It is also very beneficial for dark skin on neck. apply it on your neck with cotton ball or sponge. massage a little and let it dry. wash it after 20 minutes. you will see the results after regular use.
- It also gives instant re-freshness to sun tanned skin.
All the above tips are completely natural and has no side effects. Although you must have to be patient and follow these techniques as said for some time to get adequate results.