Pickles come in a wide variety of flavors due to differences in the spices used and preparation techniques.
So today i am going to share a different variant of pickle i.e POTATO PICKLE or we can also called it ALOO KA ACHAR.
potato 5-6 medium sized OR 500 gms
- mustard oil 150 gms for deep frying
- onion 2-3 medium sized (made into fine paste)
- ginger 1 inch (made into fine paste)
- vinegar 200 ml or 1 cup
- salt 2 tsp or to taste
- red chilly powder 1 & 1/2 -2 tsp
- cumin seeds(jeera) powder 2 tsp
- garam masala powder 1 tsp (without coriander powder)
black salt 1 tsp
- carom seeds (ajwain) 1/2 tsp
- sugar 100 gm
First of all peel all the potatoes,wash them and dry them using a cloth.
- cut the potatoes into roundels.
Now take oil in a pan, and deep fry the potatoes.
Take another pan, add 2-3 tbsp oil, once oil is hot add onion paste and cook for 3-4 minutes or till it turns light brown, now add ginger paste and saute for 1 more minute.
Add vinegar and all spices to it, mix it well for 2 minutes.
Now add sugar to it and let it cook for more 3-4 minutes.
finally add fried potatoes and give it a stir, and cook till oil separates
- let it cool down for 1-2 hours,and your aloo ka achar is ready.
- you can eat it immediately, but it will taste better after 1-2 days.
- serve with chapatti or prantha, and enjoy…
- use within 15 days.
store it into an air tight jar after it completely cools down.