PAV BHAJI is a fast food dish from Maharashtra, India, consisting of a vegetable curry served with a soft bread. It is incredibly tasty, nutritious and easy to make. so here is quick recipe to make this incredible dish.
- cauliflower 2 cup (cut into small pieces)
- carrot 2 cup (cut into small pieces)
- peas 1 cup
- capsicum 1 cup (cut into small pieces)
- tomato 4 cup or 10-12 medium sized (cut into small pieces)
- potato 1 1/2 cup boiled and mashed
- onion 1 1/2 cup finely chopped (for tadka )
- tomato 1 cup finely chopped (for tadka )
- dry red chilly 6-7 or as per taste
- garlic 8-10 cloves
- ginger half inch
- butter as required
- pav bhaji masala 2 tsp
- black salt 1/2 tsp
- salt to taste
- lemon juice 2 tsp
- coriander leaves to garnish
Put all the vegetables such as tomatoes, cauliflower, carrot, peas and capsicum in a pressure cooker and add 1/2 cup of water and pressure cook till 2 whistles or till vegetables get soft.
After the pressure releases,take out excess water from vegetables(to be used later ) and mash the vegetables using a masher.
In a separate bowl take dry red chilies and 2 tbsp of Luke warm water and soak them for 10 min.
After 10 min. make a thick fine paste of soaked chillies (along with water) , garlic and ginger.
In another pan, add butter and onion and saute it till it turns translucent. Add garlic chilly paste and cook it again for 2-3 min. now add chopped tomatoes and cook till the oil separates.
- Add all seasonings such as pav bhaji masala, salt and some black salt.
Add mashed potatoes and saute it for 3-4 min.
Add mashed vegetables and some vegetable stock (as required)and cook it for some more 5-6 min. or till its ready.
- Add lime juice.
garnish it with boiled peas (optional), chopped coriander leaves and some butter.
serve hot with pav roasted with butter on a tawa from both sides.
- Do not mash vegetables to a fine paste.
You can also add colour if you like.